Weekly Bulletin - Friday 29th April
See this month's newsletter to find out what we've been up to, including Y6 yoga, Y1 at Wisley and some of our Year 2 pupils at Corpus Christi, taking part in a Creative Writing Day
It is only two weeks since the start of term, yet, as you can see in this month’s newsletter, so much has happened! You can read about Y1’s trip to Wisley, Y4’s art based on Victorian houses, Y6’s yoga and nursery’s wriggly worms, amongst other things. It has been lovely to hear the children talking with such enthusiasm about what they have been doing.
We learned this afternoon that we have been awarded the RE Quality Mark Gold for embedding excellent, creative and innovative RE practice throughout the school and for recognition as outstanding in the wider community. The assessors met children from the school, who told them how much they have enjoyed learning in RE lessons. Thank you to Anna Hornby, who leads RE in the school, for all the work she has put into developing RE as a subject, but also for making our case so effectively to the assessors.
Many families like to celebrate their child’s birthday in school by bringing something that can be shared with the class. We would respectfully ask that you do not bring in sweets to share as we are trying to encourage healthier eating habits as well as cater for a wide variety of dietary requirements within the school.
At the Infant phonics talk this morning, parents were asking how we can expand our book stock further. We are very grateful to the PTA for their very generous donations, which have enabled us to buy some lovely books on diverse themes. If you would also like to give a book to your child’s class to celebrate their birthday, but are struggling for ideas, please browse through the following lists. These books are designed to be an exciting and fresh addition to the books we have in school at the moment. They will offer all the richness of a good book and also explore a range of cultures and themes as well. This list will be updated annually.
No INSET Connect: There will be no Connect on our INSET day on Friday 27th June.
Kingstonian CC Girls Only Taster Sessions
Kingstonian CC is hosting FREE taster sessions from 6:30-7:30 on Wednesday 4th May for girls aged 5-12 (Reception to Y7). Please register your interest here.
I wish you all a lovely bank holiday weekend.
Key Dates - Summer 2022
- Monday 9th May - Y4 Trip to Natural History Museum
- Wednesday 18th May - Whole School Class Photographs
- Wednesday 25th May - Platinum Jubilee Tea Party: Infants
- Thursday 26th May - Platinum Jubilee Tea Party: Juniors
- Friday 27th May - INSET day (School closed)
- Monday 6th June - School closed (in lieu of Bank Holiday for Queen's Platinum Jubilee)
- Friday 10th June - Parent Rep Meeting - 2:00 p.m.
- Friday 10th June - Y4 sleepover (until 9am Saturday morning)
- Tuesday 14th June - Y6 Performance - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 15th June - Y6 Performance - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 17th June - Enterprise Day
- Saturday 18th June - Summer Fair @ Infant site - 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Monday 20th June - Infant/Junior Music Festival
- Thursday 23rd June - Y2 & Y4 Country Dancing Festival - 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Friday 24th June - INSET Day (School closed)
- Thursday 7th July - Infant Sports Day
- Monday 11th - Friday 15th July - Y6 Trip to Isle of Wight
- Monday 11th July - Reception Parents meet Y1 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 12th July - Y1 Parents meet Y2 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Wednesday 13th July - Y2 Parents meet Y3 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Thursday 14th July - Y3 Parents meet Y4 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Monday 18th July - Juniors Sports Day
- Monday 18th July - Y4 Parents meet Y5 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 19th July - Y5 Parents meet Y6 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Wednesday 20th July - Children meet new class
- Wednesday 20th July - Y6 Leavers’ Celebration for Y6 parents and children - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday 21st July - Parents’ Open Afternoon
- Friday 22nd July - End of Year Service - 9:45 a.m.
- Friday 22nd July - Y6 Leavers’ Event - 2:00 p.m.
- Friday 22nd July - Early Finish
- Please remember, as is usual, school will close early on the last day of term, at the following times:
- Infants @ 2:15 p.m.
- Nursery @ 2.20 p.m.
- Juniors @ 2:30 p.m.
- Connect will start at 2:15 p.m. and run until 5:15 p.m.