Weekly Bulletin - Friday 6th May
Our Year 3&4 team played against Green Lane Primary School on Tuesday, in which they won all 3 of their games!
I hope that - for those celebrating it - Eid proved to be a very happy and special time. I know that the children were very excited about the sweets they received!
This week, there has been the joyful sound of country dancing music on both sites, as Reception had their first experience of using a maypole, and Year 4 have started their preparations for the country dancing festival. I must commend Reception staff on their patience in coping with tangled ribbons, and enthusiastic but inexperienced children!
Today we announced the Infant winners of the Reading Buzz competition. It has been lovely to see the pictures and videos of them reading their favourite story, fact book or poem. Some have even greeted me at 7.30 a.m. in the morning during Connect to share their favourite book with me! We trust that this will become a lifelong passion for many.
We had two football events this week. A Year 3 & 4 team played against Green Lane Primary School on Tuesday in which they won all 3 of their games and some of our Year 3 girls enjoyed participating in a football festival at Ham Playing Fields yesterday. Well done to everyone involved.
Suntan lotion, Sunglasses and Sun Hats
It is lovely to see the improvement in the weather. However, we want to make sure that we keep all the children safe. Please put on suntan lotion every morning and send in sunglasses and sun hats (both named).
SCL Holiday Club - May Half Term
Please see the attached flyer for details of the SCL May Half Term Camp running from Monday 30th May - Wednesday 1st June 2022 at the Junior site.
No Connect Plus - Reminder
There will be no Connect Plus on 27th May or 24th June. This is because we have not had sufficient take up in the past to make it worth running.
'Butterflies’ for Mental Health and Wellbeing
As life returns more and more to normal post pandemic, we are all becoming increasingly aware of the impact that there has been on the wellbeing of adults and children alike. We are regularly being asked for advice or to signpost other agencies who can provide support. I was therefore very pleased to receive a link to a booklet which provides advice and further links to government and charity support sites. It covers a wide range of topics which range from healthy eating and exercise to mindfulness techniques to depression, and self-harm. The resources apply to all phases, from early years to post 16. It is designed for both parents and staff and covers both every day topics and challenging areas which only arise on rare occasions. It would be worth keeping as a reference, just in case.
Rights Respecting Schools
This week, the Rights Respecting Schools Steering Group shared our journey so far with the school in Collective Worship. Each class has been making class charters linked to the Articles from the Convention of the Rights of the Child that they think are the most important to improve the school - for instance in Eagle Class, they have selected "To work my hardest and challenge myself" (article 28) and in Year 5 and 6 "Never leave people out because of their size, race, religion or personality." (article 2). See if your children can remember what these articles are and, if you would like to get involved in our journey, do let your child know.
Kingston Museum’s Design Competition
Kingston Museum have informed us that they have extended the deadline for their Jubilee Competition to design a royal pot, mug, plate or tea towel and have provided the attached poster with details of how to enter, should you be interested.
I wish you all a lovely, warm weekend.
Key Dates - Summer 2022
- Monday 9th May - Y4 Trip to Natural History Museum
- Wednesday 18th May - Whole School Class Photographs
- Wednesday 25th May - Platinum Jubilee Tea Party: Infants
- Thursday 26th May - Platinum Jubilee Tea Party: Juniors
- Friday 27th May - INSET day (School closed)
- Monday 6th June - School closed (in lieu of Bank Holiday for Queen's Platinum Jubilee)
- Friday 10th June - Parent Rep Meeting - 2:00 p.m.
- Friday 10th June - Y4 sleepover (until 9am Saturday morning)
- Tuesday 14th June - Y6 Performance - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 15th June - Y6 Performance - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 17th June - Enterprise Day
- Saturday 18th June - Summer Fair @ Infant site - 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Monday 20th June - Infant/Junior Music Festival
- Thursday 23rd June - Y2 & Y4 Country Dancing Festival - 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Friday 24th June - INSET Day (School closed)
- Thursday 7th July - Infant Sports Day
- Monday 11th - Friday 15th July - Y6 Trip to Isle of Wight
- Monday 11th July - Reception Parents meet Y1 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 12th July - Y1 Parents meet Y2 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Wednesday 13th July - Y2 Parents meet Y3 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Thursday 14th July - Y3 Parents meet Y4 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Monday 18th July - Juniors Sports Day
- Monday 18th July - Y4 Parents meet Y5 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 19th July - Y5 Parents meet Y6 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Wednesday 20th July - Children meet new class
- Wednesday 20th July - Y6 Leavers’ Celebration for Y6 parents and children - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday 21st July - Parents’ Open Afternoon
- Friday 22nd July - End of Year Service - 9:45 a.m.
- Friday 22nd July - Y6 Leavers’ Event - 2:00 p.m.
- Friday 22nd July - Early Finish
- Please remember, as is usual, school will close early on the last day of term, at the following times:
- Infants @ 2:15 p.m.
- Nursery @ 2.20 p.m.
- Juniors @ 2:30 p.m.
- Connect will start at 2:15 p.m. and run until 5:15 p.m.