Weekly Bulletin - Friday 20th May
Our Y3 and 4 netballers put in a great effort at Robin Hood Primary School on Tuesday, only losing narrowly 4-3.
It has been another varied and busy week. Our class photographs seemed to go smoothly on Wednesday and you should have received a contact sheet, which was sent home with children. This contains the login details you need if you wish to pre-register your interest in the class picture online and be sent an email the moment the class picture is available to view.
Nursery have had fun making some delicious biscuits and Reception have been learning all about HM Queen in preparation for our Jubilee celebrations next week. Year 2 had a very successful chums visit from Year 5 where Gazelle taught Fox some Country Dances for the Festival in June, and Hedgehog helped Antelope with a water resistance experiment with plasticine shapes. Year 3 are now experts on undersea creatures whilst Year 4 have been making their teachers laugh with some of their acting skills around Varjak Paw. Year 6 have been busy with preparations for their play and rehearsals are now well underway.
It is lovely to be able to announce my successor and to know that the school will be in such strong hands for the next part of its journey. The children have been showing great curiosity and asking wide ranging and challenging questions, which have included ‘Will you ever have money from work again?’ (A financial planner in the making!), ‘What will happen to the pigs?’ (Be reassured, Mr Allum is going to register to be their keeper). How can there be a new headteacher - Miss White has been seen in school today?!’. (Rest assured, I will still be working until the end of term).
In sport, our Y3 and 4 netballers put in a great effort at Robin Hood Primary School on Tuesday, only losing narrowly 4-3.
Next week, we will be celebrating the HM Queen’s Platinum Jubilee with two tea parties - on Wednesday afternoon at the Infants and Thursday afternoon at the Juniors. The children have been busy learning some celebratory songs and we have invited members of the local and school community to mark this occasion with us. The children will be served afternoon tea of a scone and jam, some grapes and shortbread, as well as juice and will all come home with a gift. To cover the costs of this event, we are asking parents to make a contribution of £2 per child via ParentMail.
5k Richmond ParkRun
A number of our pupils took part in the 5k Richmond ParkRun for refugees last Saturday. Not only did they complete the course but I have been told that they were a credit to our school, being so kind and supportive of each other. On an incredibly hot day, they made every effort to get to the finish and have so far raised over £3,000.
A huge thank you to all the families who have supported the run and to Jason Brown for joining them and running round with Oli. There are some photos of the children in action on the JustGiving page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/oli-run
This is a cause particularly close to our heart as we have already welcomed two Ukrainian children into our school and another one will be joining us shortly.
Invitation Received from the New Malden Town Centre Partnership
Let’s celebrate together - The Queen's Platinum Jubilee Party
‘On Saturday 4th June 11 a.m. to 5 p.m, in the aptly named Jubilee Square, Cocks Crescent New Malden
The 70th Anniversary of the reign of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is a great excuse for us all to meet our neighbours and enjoy the talents and gifts of our vibrant local community groups. Local children and their families are going to perform in a special festival of dance and music, in Jubilee Square, New Malden, on Saturday 4th June, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
“There will be plenty of dancing, music, singing, laughter and delicious food stalls” So why not go along and support this exciting free event for all?’
I wish you all a lovely weekend.
Key Dates - Summer 2022
- Monday 23rd May - Rights Respecting School Councillors visit to Parliament
- Tuesday 24th May - Y2 Kingston Schools' Singing Festival Workshop
- Wednesday 25th May - Y3 Trip to Central Gurdwara
- Wednesday 25th May - Platinum Jubilee Street Party: Infants
- Thursday 26th May - Platinum Jubilee Street Party: Juniors
- Friday 27th May - INSET day (School closed)
- Monday 6th June - School closed (in lieu of Bank Holiday for Queen's Platinum Jubilee)
- Wednesday 8th June - Y6 Visit from Lavender Hill Magistrates
- Friday 10th June - Parent Rep Meeting - 2:00 p.m.
- Friday 10th June - Y4 sleepover (until 9am Saturday morning)
- Monday 13th June - Y6 Trip to British Museum
- Tuesday 14th June - Y1 "Fairytale Forest" Workshops
- Tuesday 14th June - Y6 Performance - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 15th June - Y6 Performance - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 17th June - Enterprise Day
- Saturday 18th June - Summer Fair @ Infant site - 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Monday 20th June - Kingston Schools' Singing Festival (Y2 and Y5 & 6 choir)
- Thursday 23rd June - Y2 & Y4 Country Dancing Festival - 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Friday 24th June - INSET Day (School closed)
- Thursday 7th July - Infant Sports Day
- Monday 11th - Friday 15th July - Y6 Trip to Isle of Wight
- Monday 11th July - Reception Parents meet Y1 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 12th July - Y1 Parents meet Y2 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Wednesday 13th July - Y2 Parents meet Y3 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Thursday 14th July - Y3 Parents meet Y4 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Monday 18th July - Juniors Sports Day
- Monday 18th July - Y4 Parents meet Y5 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 19th July - Y5 Parents meet Y6 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Wednesday 20th July - Children meet new class
- Wednesday 20th July - Y6 Leavers’ Celebration for Y6 parents and children - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday 21st July - Parents’ Open Afternoon
- Friday 22nd July - End of Year Service - 9:45 a.m.
- Friday 22nd July - Y6 Leavers’ Event - 2:00 p.m.
- Friday 22nd July - Early Finish
- Please remember, as is usual, school will close early on the last day of term, at the following times:
- Infants @ 2:15 p.m.
- Nursery @ 2.20 p.m.
- Juniors @ 2:30 p.m.
- Connect will start at 2:15 p.m. and run until 5:15 p.m.