Weekly Bulletin - Friday 17th June
Today, we held a very successful Enterprise event at the Juniors. Being the hottest day of the year so far, water based activities were very popular!
I am very much looking forward to the fair tomorrow. I have seen lots of activity around the school and the most enormous teddy bear has moved into the infant office. It will of course be my last fair and it would be lovely to welcome as many people as possible, both former students and current ones.
Today, we have held our Enterprise event at the Juniors on the hottest day of the year so far! Fortunately, we scheduled it for 10.30 a.m. in the morning before the temperatures had reached their peak. I have been impressed by the way the children wrestled with the business challenges of balancing initial outlay with the desire for profit. There have been many creative ideas for activities. The money which they have raised will be spent on books for the classrooms (once a ‘piggy tax’ has been deducted to fund toys for Dotty and Truffle).
A few pointers about the fair from the PTA
Everyone wants this to be a very enjoyable event and there are therefore a couple of ways in which we can ensure this happens:
- Please make sure you take full responsibility for your own child to make sure that they are safe at such a busy time
- Provide your child with plenty of change to spend, especially 50ps and pound coins
In this way a great time will be had by all.
Infant Sports Day - Thursday 7th July
Here are the timings for the infant sports day on Thursday 7th July.
- 9.15 a.m. - 10.10 a.m. - Reception
- 10.20 a.m. - 11.15 a.m. - Year 1
- 11:25 a.m. -12.20 a.m. - Year 2
Amendment to date for Year 3-4 disco - Important Change
Unfortunately, there was an error in last week’s bulletin. The Year 3-4 disco will be on Tuesday 12th July at 3.30-5 p.m. This will therefore be a mufti day for the whole school (for a donation of £1).
Soloists Concert - 1st July - Important Change
The soloists concert on 1st of July has been changed slightly as follows:
- 9:00 a.m: Soloists from Years 3 & 4 will perform - Year 1 will come and watch
- 10:30 a.m: Soloists from Years 5 & 6, and Year 2 ocarina club will perform - Year 2 will come and watch.
If your child is performing you will receive a separate email, and you will be welcome to come and watch. Thank you to all the children who auditioned.
INSET Day - Friday 24th June
Please remember that we have an INSET day next Friday, 24th June and school is closed. There will not be Connect on that day as we have not had enough demand in the past.
5k Race For Life
One of our Connect Play Leaders is doing a 5k pretty muddy race for bowel cancer on the 2nd July at Kempton Park race course. If you would like to donate to this cause please follow this link.
Supporting Your Child's Mental Health
Richmond Mind are offering 2 online workshops to support our understanding and awareness of Mental Health needs in children:
- Workshop 1: learn more about mental health and recognise the symptoms of mental health issues in children.
- Workshop 2: learn how to improve communication with your child and support them to build mental health resilience.
We would also like to make you aware of Place2Be, a children’s mental health charity that provides counselling and mental health support and training in UK schools. Please see the attached poster and their website for advice and resources.
TLS Drama Workshops
TLS Drama have informed us that they are running a few drama workshop sessions in July. Please see the attached poster for more details. All sessions will take place in St John’s Church, New Malden.
Reminder: Pop Up Covid-19 Vaccination Clinic for 5 to 11 year-olds
HRCH NHS Trust will be holding a Pop Up Clinic for Covid 19 Vaccinations for 5 to 11 year olds and young people aged over 12 years at Ellingham Primary School on Sunday 19th June 2022. Please see the attached flyer for details.
Key Dates - Summer 2022
- Saturday 18th June - Summer Fair @ Infant site - 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Monday 20th June - Kingston Schools' Singing Festival (Y2 and Y5 & 6 choir)
- Monday 20th June - Year 3 - Trip to Hogsmill River
- Tuesday 21st June - Y5 Gazelle Class - Science Taster Session at Coombe Girls' School
- Thursday 23rd June - Y2 & Y4 Country Dancing Festival - 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Friday 24th June - INSET Day (School closed)
- Tuesday 28th June - Y5 Antelope Class - Science Taster Session at Coombe Girls' School
- Tuesday 28th June - Y6 Performance - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 29th June - Y6 Performance - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday 30th June - Y6 Visit from Lavender Hill Magistrates
- Wednesday 6th July - Nursery ‘We Love Reading Day’: children are welcome to wear fancy dress
- Thursday 7th July - Infant Sports Day
- Thursday 7th July - Y2 Parents meet Y3 Teachers - 3:45 p.m
- Friday 8th July - Reception to Y2 ‘We Love Reading Day’: children are welcome to wear fancy dress
- Monday 11th - Friday 15th July - Y6 Trip to Isle of Wight
- Monday 11th July - Reception Parents meet Y1 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 12th July - Y1 Parents meet Y2 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 12th July - Mufti Day and Y3 & Y4 Disco - 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the Juniors
- Thursday 14th July - Y3 Parents meet Y4 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Friday 15th July - Nursery Fun Day
- Monday 18th July - Juniors Sports Day
- Monday 18th July - Y4 Parents meet Y5 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 19th July - Y5 Parents meet Y6 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Wednesday 20th July - Children meet new class
- Wednesday 20th July - Y2 Disco - 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the Juniors (Year 2 children can wear own clothes for day)
- Wednesday 20th July - Y6 Leavers’ Celebration for Y6 parents and children - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday 21st July - Parents’ Open Afternoon
- Friday 22nd July - End of Year Service - 9:45 a.m.
- Friday 22nd July - Y6 Leavers’ Event - 2:00 p.m.
- Friday 22nd July - Early Finish
Please remember, as is usual, school will close early on the last day of term, at the following times:
- Infants @ 2:15 p.m.
- Nursery @ 2.20 p.m.
- Juniors @ 2:30 p.m.
- Connect will start at 2:15 p.m. and run until 5:15 p.m.