Weekly Bulletin - Thursday 23rd June
Our 'Soak the Teacher' this afternoon proved very popular! Thank you to the brave members of staff who volunteered to have sponges thrown at them to raise money for the Y6 leavers' events.
What a memorable week this has been. Thank you so much for the fantastic and very moving send off you gave me at the fair. It was so lovely to hear the recollections of pupils past and present and then to hear the beautiful and rousing singing of Reach for the Stars and For She’s a Jolly Good Fellow. I will treasure those memories and the film of it in the coming months. Then on Monday, both the Year 2s and the Upper Junior choir sang at the Rose Theatre. It was wonderful to see the swathe of gold polo shirts on the stage and, once again, to hear the magnificent singing. Today there was a double bill. It started with the Kingston Country Dancing Festival (for Year 2s and 4s) in the morning. I was impressed by the number of dances which the children had learnt and the enthusiasm of all, even when the heavens opened. In the afternoon it was ‘Soak the Teacher’, in which many courageous members of staff volunteered to have sponges thrown at them. As you can imagine, the children responded with great gusto and determination.
I am delighted to let you know that we have been awarded a Gold School Games Mark once again! Thank you to Mrs Kinnear and Mr Newman for all the work they have done to achieve this.
INSET Day - Tomorrow
Do remember that we have an INSET tomorrow, so the school will be closed for all children.
Greenshaw High School Open Evening - For Y5 & Y6 Parents/Carers
Greenshaw High School have informed us that their Open Evening has been postponed until Thursday 29th September. Further details will be available on their website nearer the time.
TLS Drama Workshops
TLS Drama have informed us that they are running a few drama workshop sessions in July. Please see the attached poster for more details. All sessions will take place in St John’s Church, New Malden.
Wagon of Dreams Free Performances Outdoor for Children
As part of Fuse International Festival, Kingston Council’s Culture & Heritage team are supporting free outdoor theatre performances in parks and open spaces across the borough. The Wagon of Dreams tour, by Jellyfish Theatre, features actors, puppetry and music and a retro caravan! The purpose of the tour is to provide a free, accessible and inclusive theatre experience for children aged 4-8. Please see the attached poster for details.
Key Dates - Summer 2022
- Tuesday 28th June - Y5 Antelope Class - Science Taster Session at Coombe Girls' School
- Tuesday 28th June - Y6 Performance - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 29th June - Y6 Performance - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday 30th June - Y6 Visit from Lavender Hill Magistrates
- Friday 1st July - Music Soloists Concerts - Y3&4 @ 9:10 a.m. / Y5&6 @ 10:30 a.m.
- Monday 4th July - Junior Summer Concert - 7:00 p.m. in Junior Hall
- Wednesday 6th July - Nursery ‘We Love Reading Day’: children are welcome to wear fancy dress
- Thursday 7th July - Infant Sports Day - 9:15 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
- Thursday 7th July - Y2 Parents meet Y3 Teachers - 3:45 p.m
- Friday 8th July - Reception to Y2 ‘We Love Reading Day’: children are welcome to wear fancy dress
- Monday 11th - Friday 15th July - Y6 Trip to Isle of Wight
- Monday 11th July - Reception Parents meet Y1 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 12th July - Y1 Parents meet Y2 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 12th July - Mufti Day and Y3 & Y4 Disco - 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the Juniors
- Thursday 14th July - Y3 Parents meet Y4 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Friday 15th July - Nursery Fun Day
- Monday 18th July - Juniors Sports Day
- Monday 18th July - Y4 Parents meet Y5 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 19th July - Y5 Parents meet Y6 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Wednesday 20th July - Children meet new class
- Wednesday 20th July - Y2 Disco - 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the Juniors (Year 2 children can wear own clothes for day)
- Wednesday 20th July - Y6 Leavers’ Celebration for Y6 parents and children - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday 21st July - Parents’ Open Afternoon
- Friday 22nd July - End of Year Service - 9:45 a.m.
- Friday 22nd July - Y6 Leavers’ Event - 2:00 p.m.
- Friday 22nd July - Early Finish
Please remember, as is usual, school will close early on the last day of term, at the following times:
- Infants @ 2:15 p.m.
- Nursery @ 2.20 p.m.
- Juniors @ 2:30 p.m.
- Connect will start at 2:15 p.m. and run until 5:15 p.m.