Weekly Bulletin - Friday 8th July
At our Infant Sports Day we had to be very careful to avoid Year 2s javelins which went a surprisingly long way!
It has been frustrating to miss part of the week due to COVID, but I suppose it is all part of life in school nowadays! It has been lovely to be back in time for Infant Sports day. I have also enjoyed seeing children making great use of the newly revamped section of the Junior playground which used to be known as the ‘muddy patch’!
Last week, a group of Year 5 children showed great initiative and organised a cake sale to raise funds to help people in the Ukraine. They sourced a date, created publicity, costed the items and sold them. I was blown away by their maturity and by the impressive £200 which they raised. It was too late to mention them in last week’s bulletin, so I wanted to make sure they have a special mention!
This week, started with a Junior Orienteering morning on the field where they had to find the answer to clues as speedily as possible. I loved looking at the photos which showed great concentration and enjoyment. I hear that the Summer Concert was fantastic. On Thursday we had our Infants Sports day and it was wonderful to see how much the children’s skills have developed across the years. We had to be very careful indeed to avoid Year 2s javelins which went a surprisingly long way! There was also a Year 6 transition event in the hall in the afternoon which involved sand, soil and tents - do ask them to tell you more! Thank you so much to our parents who organised it and one for Year 2s as well. Today, the Infants was full of princesses, snails, dragons, footballers, superheroes and even an encyclopaedia as we had our special ‘We love Reading’ day. You can tell it is drawing towards the end of term, as the number of special events seems to increase every week. I wish everyone a peaceful and relaxing weekend!
Year 6 Leaver Destinations
I know that parents are interested to see which schools our children transfer to, as it helps inform their own deliberations. Here is the picture for September 2022 (Our current Year 6). Please bear in mind that a number of these children will have had multiple offers. Some have turned down places at some selective schools in favour of others. But it does give you a flavour of what is on offer.
- Coombe Boys' School - 15
- Coombe Girls' School - 15
- Raynes Park High School - 4
- Epsom & Ewell High School - 3
- Richard Challoner School - 1
- Sutton Grammar School - 1
- The Hollyfield School - 2
- The Holy Cross School - 3
- Kingston Grammar School - 4
- Tiffin School - 2
- Tolworth Girls School - 1
- Southborough High School - 1
- Other Independent Schools - 7
Children use the internet all the time for learning both in and outside of school which is why it is necessary to make sure that they are safe. The internet for many parents can be a daunting place, especially with the rate in which games/apps are developed. We have created a page on the school website which gives guidance to parents on keeping their children safe on specific websites, games and apps. Please let us know if any other guidance is needed.
We have just received the following information about a new feature found in the popular app Snapchat. This feature allows users to obtain directions to another user’s exact location and address. For more details see https://ineqe.com/2022/07/01/snapchat-meet-up/
St John’s Fun Day & BBQ - Saturday 9th July
St John’s is holding a Fun Day on Saturday 9th July at 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the Kingston Road Recreation Ground. Please see the attached poster for more details.
PTA Raffle Winners
Congratulations to all the winners of the PTA raffle. A list of winners and their prizes has been sent via ParentMail.
Clubs next week
Most clubs have finished this week, but the following finish next week:
- Infant EDA Dance (Monday before school)
- Y5 Handbells (Monday lunchtime)
- Infant Spanish (Monday after school)
- Junior Spanish (Friday lunchtime)
- Junior Gymnastics (Friday after school)
Key Dates - Summer 2022
- Monday 11th - Friday 15th July - Y6 Trip to Isle of Wight
- Monday 11th July - Y3 - Y5 Cricket Taster Day
- Monday 11th July - Reception Parents meet Y1 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 12th July - Y1 Parents meet Y2 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 12th July - Mufti Day and Y3 & Y4 Disco - 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the Juniors
- Wednesday 13th July - Y5 Trip to Coombe Boys’ - ‘Barnum the Circus Musical’
- Thursday 14th July - Y5 Trip to Kingston Mosque - 9:00 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Thursday 14th July - Y3 Parents meet Y4 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Friday 15th July - Nursery Fun Day
- Monday 18th July - Juniors Sports Day - 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Monday 18th July - Y4 Parents meet Y5 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 19th July - Y5 Parents meet Y6 Teachers - 3:45 p.m.
- Wednesday 20th July - Children meet new class
- Wednesday 20th July - Y6 Trip to Tate Modern
- Wednesday 20th July - Y2 Disco - 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the Juniors (Year 2 children can wear own clothes for day)
- Wednesday 20th July - Y6 Leavers’ Celebration for Y6 parents and children - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday 21st July - Parents’ Open Afternoon
- Friday 22nd July - End of Year Service - 9:45 a.m.
- Friday 22nd July - Y6 Leavers’ Event - 3:30 p.m.
- Friday 22nd July - Early Finish
Please remember, as is usual, school will close early on the last day of term, at the following times:
- Infants @ 2:15 p.m.
- Nursery @ 2.20 p.m.
- Juniors @ 2:30 p.m.
- Connect will start at 2:15 p.m. and run until 5:15 p.m.