Weekly Update - Friday 12th May
Well done to our Year 6 footballers for their efforts on Tuesday against Corpus Christi. It was a great game with a lot of goals scored, ending in a narrow 4-3 loss.
Weekly Update from Mr Burkinshaw
It was lovely to celebrate the Coronation with so many of you at the picnic last Friday after school. Thank you so much to the PTA for organising and to the amazing judging panel. Huge congratulations to Joseph in Y5 whose brilliant bake wowed the judges and won him a packed hamper.
This has been a strange week, as it has been rather dominated by Year 6 Statutory Assessments. We were so proud of the way the Year 6 children worked and the resilience they showed. Although they were naturally anxious to do their best, we did not see the tears that other schools, sadly, reported. This was perhaps partly down to the success of the very full, delicious breakfast and the supply of Starburst! We had a great team of volunteers to be the extra adult in each test room - a huge thanks to them for giving up their time to support us.
On Tuesday, the Year 5’s went to the IMAX at Waterloo to visit the International Space Station, they came back full of new facts and felt like they had actually been in space! Maybe it will inspire some of them to be astronauts and they really will be waving at us from space. Some of our Year 6’s also took part in a football match against Corpus after school on Tuesday. It was a hard fought match which ended in a narrow loss of 4-3. Well done to all involved.
This Saturday our wonderful junior choir will be performing at the Wimbledon SingFest. They will be performing at St Mark's Church Wimbledon, St Mark's Place, London SW19 7ND at 2:30 p.m. Do go along to watch the fantastic programme Mrs Bond has prepared if you happen to be in Wimbledon.
This week we had a delivery of some free office furniture from Ikon Science, kindly organised by Fiona Fardon. If you work for a company that is getting rid of furniture, stationery or equipment do contact the school office. We can certainly put it to good use!
Our School Updates for Parents
Second Hand Uniform
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) have an online facility where second hand uniform can be purchased (typically £1 an item). You can visit their Uniformerly website here. Any items purchased will be delivered to the school office for collection. Please note that the uniform with our old school logo is being phased out and will not be able to be worn from September 2023.
School Prayer Group
Our school prayer group, which meets at the church (Christ Church), is meeting again on Wed 17th May at 8pm; this prayer group is open to staff, parents and members of the church, and all are welcome to gather to pray for our school.
Class Photographs - Wednesday 17th May
Pret-a-Portrait will be taking class photographs at our school on both sites on Wednesday 17th May 2023. Please ensure your child is wearing full school uniform. No P.E. kit should be worn; children will be able to do P.E. in their uniform on this day and can bring in trainers to change into.
Friday 19th May: Break the Rules day!
For one day only, children can break some rules! Come to school with wacky hair, crazy socks, painted nails and temporary tattoos and pay your teacher 50p for each rule you break! See attached poster for information on all the rules that can be broken.
PTA Summer Fair - Saturday 10th June
Our Summer Fair is in 4 weeks! Please drop off all donations to either office, any weekday. Click here for a reminder of what’s needed.
Gate opening and closing times at Infant site
Please note these revised times of opening and closing from next week:
- Morning: 8:50 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Afternoon: 3:10 p.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Please ensure that you arrive in enough time not to get locked in!
Wider Community Updates
Girls’ Only Football Holiday Club
This May, ‘We Make Footballers’ are running a Girl's ONLY Football Holiday Development Camp. Please see attached leaflet for details.
OurCamps are offering free Athletics Sessions every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at Kingsmeadow Athletics Ground for any child. They also deliver Basketball sessions at Dickerage every Tuesday 4:30pm - 5:30pm. Please see the attached flyers.
New Malden Fire Station Open Day
New Malden Fire Station will be holding an Open Day on Sunday, 4th June 2023 from 12pm-4pm, at which there will be the opportunity to meet local firefighters and take part in fun activities. They would like as many of our local residents to attend as possible, as this will be a great community event. Please see the attached flyer for details.
Key School Dates
- Saturday 13th May - Junior Choir at Wimbledon Singfest
- Tuesday 16th May - Reception - National Child Measurement Programme
- Wednesday 17th May - Whole School Class Photographs
- Thursday 18th May - Eagle Class Worship @ 2:45pm
- Thursday 18th May - Y5 & 6 Online & Personal Safety talks by Met Police
- Friday 19th May - Reception & Y1 Peter Pan Workshop
- Friday 19th May - PTA ‘Break the Rules’ Day
- Monday 22nd - Friday 26th May - Chums Week
- Monday 22nd May - Y3 Visit to Central Gurdwara
- Monday 22nd May - Y6 Virtual Reality Workshop - The Human Body (am)
- Monday 22nd May - Y5 Virtual Reality Workshop - Ancient Egyptians (pm)
- Wednesday 24th May - Gazelle Class French Breakfast @ 9:00am
- Thursday 25th May - Antelope Class French Breakfast @ 9:00am
- Thursday 25th May - Junior Skateboarding Workshop
- Friday 26th May - Junior Skateboarding Workshop
- Friday 26th May - Y1 Trip to Painshill Park
- Monday 29th May - Friday 2nd June - Half Term
- Thursday 8th June - Turtle Class Worship @ 2:45pm
- Saturday 10th June - PTA Summer Fair
- Monday 12th - Friday 16th June - Y6 Trip to Westbrook, Isle of Wight
- Wednesday 21st June - Y5 & Y6 Choir - KMS Primary Singing Festival @ Rose Theatre
- Thursday 22nd June - Y6 Trip to Kew Gardens
- Friday 23rd June - INSET Day (School closed to pupils)
- Monday 26th - Friday 30th June - Wellbeing Week
- Tuesday 27th June - Junior Concert @ 7:00pm
- Wednesday 28th June - Year 3 - Hogsmill River Walks
- Thursday 29th June - Seahorse Class Worship @ 2:45pm
- Friday 30th June - Infant Sports Day
- Tuesday 4th July - Country Dancing Festival at Kingsmeadow
- Wednesday 5th July - Y6 Visit New School Day
- Thursday 6th July - Y6 Trip to Polka Theatre
- Friday 7th July - Junior Sports Day
- Monday 10th - Friday 14th July - Chums Week
- Tuesday 11th July - Nursery & Reception - Teddy Bears Picnic Show
- Wednesday 12th July - Y6 Trip to Houses of Parliament
- Friday 14th July - Y6 Trip to Houses of Parliament
- Friday 21st July - Term finishes at 1:15pm (infants) and 1:30pm (juniors)