Weekly Update - Friday 26th May
Our juniors have enjoyed trying out the new skill of skateboarding this week in their class workshops.
Weekly Update from Mr Meehan
We’ve had a lovely busy week to round off this half of the term, and it’s always a delight to see our ‘chums’ getting together as they have been this week, as it gives a real family feel to our school; this is especially important being on two sites! Our chums enjoyed reflecting on the main themes from our ‘Inspired’ focus over these recent weeks.
On Monday, our Year 3 pupils were awe-struck as they visited a Sikh Gurdwara and we were so impressed with how respectful and reverent the children were in exploring and learning about this beautiful place of worship.
A big thank you also to Mrs Robinson, who organised two fantastic ‘petit déjeuner français’ in school this week, and it was lovely to see (and hear) all the food ordering in French of course! Our Year 5 children (and their guests!) enjoyed the events. Madame Robinson, merci beaucoup pour tout votre travail acharné!
Additionally, we’ve been getting physical this week: Our juniors have been trying out the new skill of skateboarding this week in their class workshops and our netball team were also out and about in a match against Green Lane, which was a really close game and ended in a Christ Church victory. Our summer well-being week coming up in June will also have an emphasis on getting active; more detail on this after half term.
To finish off this week well, our Year 1 pupils are out and about today in the glorious environment of Painshill Park, and this will no doubt be a great end to the week for them. Some of our children have also received today a ‘celebration’ certificate for their efforts over this half-term period and we’ve also awarded the ‘InspiREd’ awards for great engagement in RE and collective worship. Congratulations to all these children on their achievements.
Do have a look at our monthly pictorial summary of all our latest activities from recent weeks in our May Newsletter. My thanks to Mrs Graves, who always makes these newsletters look so lovely.
Have a lovely half term next week, and we’ll see you on the other side!
Our School Updates for Parents
DT Resources Request
Please see the attached information from Mrs Summers, which details some examples of resources we would be very grateful to receive donations of, for use in DT lessons.
Sunny Weather - Protection and Uniform
Now that the sunny weather has arrived, please can we remind parents/carers to apply sun cream to your child before they come to school, especially on outdoor PE days (The application of sunscreen is not the responsibility of school staff). We would also encourage you to ensure that children bring named sun hats into school. When the weather is hot, children should not wear sweatshirts, cardigans or hoodies, please don’t send them into school wearing them.
Thank you for all the donations you’ve been bringing in, obviously collections will be taking a break over half term, resuming from Monday 5th June. You might be planning to use this half term to collate bits and bobs together, so here is a reminder of what’s needed.
Summer Fair Music
The following children are invited to perform at the summer fair:
- 2:15pm: Years 1 and 2 singing (not just choir - all children welcome)
- 3:00pm: Handbells club and JUNIOR choir
Please come to the infant playground 5 minutes before to get organised. No school uniform needed.
Please can we remind all our infant parents to ensure considerate parking when dropping off, picking up or visiting the infant site, so that our near neighbours are not inconvenienced. Thank you for your cooperation with this.
Wider Community Updates
Frog’s Bog Author Event - Friday 2nd June
Please see the attached flyer for details of a free author event on Friday 2nd June at New Malden library that may be of interest to you. The book ‘Frog's Bog’ is suitable for ages 3-5.
Key School Dates
- Monday 29th May - Friday 2nd June - Half Term
- Thursday 8th June - Turtle Class Worship @ 2:45pm
- Saturday 10th June - PTA Summer Fair
- Monday 12th - Friday 16th June - Y6 Trip to Westbrook, Isle of Wight
- Monday 12th - Wednesday 14th June - Infant Book Fair
- Wednesday 21st June - Y5 & Y6 Choir - KMS Primary Singing Festival @ Rose Theatre
- Thursday 22nd June - Y6 Trip to Kew Gardens
- Friday 23rd June - INSET Day (School closed to pupils)
- Monday 26th - Friday 30th June - Wellbeing Week
- Tuesday 27th June - Junior Concert @ 7:00pm
- Wednesday 28th June - Year 3 - Hogsmill River Walks
- Thursday 29th June - Seahorse Class Worship @ 2:45pm
- Friday 30th June - Infant Sports Day
- Tuesday 4th July - Country Dancing Festival at Kingsmeadow
- Wednesday 5th July - Y6 Visit New School Day
- Thursday 6th July - Y6 Trip to Polka Theatre
- Friday 7th July - Junior Sports Day
- Monday 10th - Friday 14th July - Chums Week
- Tuesday 11th July - Nursery & Reception - Teddy Bears Picnic Show
- Wednesday 12th July - Y6 Trip to Houses of Parliament
- Friday 14th July - Y6 Trip to Houses of Parliament
- Friday 21st July - Term finishes at 1:15pm (infants) and 1:30pm (juniors)