Weekly Update - Friday 16th June
Our Year 2 footballers played at Richmond & Kew Football Ground on Wednesday where they impressed everyone so much, winning all their games and scoring 13 goals!
Weekly Update from Mr Meehan
A huge, huge thank you to everyone’s hard work in making the summer fair such a success last Saturday; it was a wonderful afternoon and the sun shone on us too! Our PTA volunteers worked tirelessly through the day, and I know a huge amount of preparation had gone on beforehand too. We raised over £7000, which is an amazing figure, and a real credit to our hard-working PTA.
Congrats to Chloe Jones as well, who was the lucky winner of the Name the Bear competition. And what is his name? Very appropriately for the day we had on Saturday, he is called Sunny!
What a week it has been for our Year 6 pupils this week! The week began unexpectedly at 10pm on Sunday night with the news of a devastating flood at the centre that Year 6 were going to be travelling to the next morning, cancelling the trip. Somehow, by 11.30 the next morning, we were informing the parents that the trip was back on with new accommodation booked. This was amazing miracle-working by Mr Burkinshaw and Mrs Tagg and, as a result, Year 6 have still been able to have a wonderful week in the Isle of Wight, with the most gorgeous weather as well. We look forward to welcoming them back this afternoon.
A big well done to our Year 1 children this week, who have been completing their phonics checks with their teachers and have been working hard; I know the teachers are very proud of the progress they have made. This morning, I have been over to Rainbow nursery to see our nursery children were showing off very different skills with their sports day, and this was lots of fun for all involved! See below for some more news of infant and junior sports days coming up soon as well.
Beyond our school, we have engaged in sport outside of school with a fun sporting event at Corpus Christi in which Boyce, Jack, Lourdes and Louise brilliantly represented our school. We also had the Year 2 football on Wednesday where the team impressed everyone so much, winning all their games and scoring 13 goals!
We are now on to the next PTA event, with the Year 2 school disco tonight in the junior hall and so it will be a fun and active end to the week for our children coming, and a great start to their weekend. It might be hot out there, but I’m expecting some cool moves on the dance floor! Thank you again to the volunteers organising this event.
Our School Updates for Parents
Times of School Day from September
To ensure we are in line with the DFE expectation for all schools to provide at least 32.5 hours per week schooling, please note that, from September 2023, our proposed new start and end times will be as follows:
Infants: Start time - 8.35 a.m. (gates to open from 8.25am)
End time - 3.10 p.m.
Juniors: Start time - 8.45a.m. (gates to open from 8.35am)
End time - 3.20 p.m.
Our nursery sessions will be mornings: 8.35 a.m. - 11.35 a.m. and afternoons: 12.10 p.m. - 3.10 p.m.
Infant Sports Day - Friday 30th June
Please see below an outline of times for the infant sports day, which will be held at the Infant site. Parents are invited to come and watch:
- Reception: 9:00 a.m. - 9:55 a.m.
- Year 1: 10:05 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Year 2: 11:10 a.m. - 12:05 p.m
Junior Sports Day - Friday 7th July
Please see below an outline of times for the junior sports day, which will be held on the school playing field. Parents are invited to come and watch:
- Years 3 and 4: 9.15 a.m. - approximately 10.20 a.m.
- Years 5 and 6: 10.45 a.m. - approximately 11.50 a.m.
More details will follow soon.
Wider Community Updates
Heat Health Information from NHS South West London
Hospital services are currently very busy due to extreme heat, pollen and pollution levels. If you, or your child, has asthma or other respiratory conditions find out more here about how to keep safe. Please also see the attached beat the heat poster for your information.
Love the Ball Summer Camp - 24th July - 4th August
Please see the attached poster for details of how to book Love the Ball Summer Camp, which is being held at our Junior site this summer.
Mother Nature Science - Summer Camp 2023
Please see the attached flyer for more information. There is an Early-Bird Discount in place for bookings made by Monday 19th June. Use special Venue School Basket Discount Code ‘coolschool’ for an extra £10-off list price for full-week places.
Surrey Fest - 29th & 30th July
Please see the attached flyer for details.
Key School Dates
- Wednesday 21st June - Y5 & Y6 Choir - KMS Primary Singing Festival @ Rose Theatre
- Thursday 22nd June - Y6 Trip to Kew Gardens
- Friday 23rd June - INSET Day (School closed to pupils)
- Monday 26th - Friday 30th June - Wellbeing Week
- Tuesday 27th June - Junior Concert @ 7:00pm
- Wednesday 28th June - Y3 Hogsmill River Walks
- Thursday 29th June - Seahorse Class Worship @ 2:45pm
- Friday 30th June - Infant Sports Day
- Tuesday 4th July - Y5 Rhythm of the Word Concert @ Rose Theatre
- Tuesday 4th July - Y4 Country Dancing Festival at Kingsmeadow
- Wednesday 5th July - Y6 Visit New School Day
- Wednesday 5th July - Y4 Celebration Evening @ 3:30pm - 7:30pm
- Thursday 6th July - Y6 Trip to Polka Theatre
- Friday 7th July - Junior Sports Day
- Monday 10th - Friday 14th July - Chums Week
- Tuesday 11th July - Nursery & Reception - Teddy Bears Picnic Show
- Wednesday 12th July - Kipling Trip to Houses of Parliament
- Wednesday 12th July - Y6 Production @ 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday 14th July - Potter Trip to Houses of Parliament
- Thursday 13th July - Y6 Production @ 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Monday 17th July - Y2 Production @ 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 18th July - Y2 Production @ 5:00 p.m.
- Friday 21st July - Term finishes at 1:15pm (infants) and 1:30pm (juniors)