Christ Church New Malden
In 1865 the then Duke of Cambridge provided land for a permanent church and a vicarage to be built in New Malden. The first Vicar of Christ Church, the Reverend Charles Stirling, founded the school (in Lime Grove) two years later in 1867.
Since then, the School has had very close connections with Christ Church, St John’s and other local worshipping communities which enhance the school’s strong Christian ethos:
- The majority of our governors are appointed by the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education.
- Clergy and lay ministers from Christ Church, St John's regularly take collective worship at both sites.
- We hold a special service at Christ Church on the last day of each term.