Skip to content ↓

Financial Information

Christ Church submits information regarding its income, expenditure and balances to the DFE on an annual basis using the consistent financial reporting (CFR) framework. 

This information is published on the DfE’s School’s Financial Benchmarking website which enables you to view school’s financial data and see how it compares to other schools in England. Please see Christ Church’s Financial Benchmarking data.

Maintained schools must publish on their website the number of school employees (if any) whose gross annual salary is £100,000 or more in £10,000 bands. There are no staff at Christ Church who earn more than £100,000 a year.

About Funding

What is a Voluntary Aided School?

A Voluntary Aided school is a state-funded school in England and Wales in which a foundation (usually a religious organisation), contributes to building costs and has a substantial influence in the running of the school. In most cases the foundation or trust own the buildings.

How much does the school have to contribute?

Generally we are responsible for 10% of the cost of any maintenance, although we can sometimes access grants for large projects such as the new Junior building.

Where does the 10% come from?

Historically church schools received funding from their parish.  Both Christ Church and St. John’s churches give substantial sums to the school which has effectively come from the gifts of parishioners.  Unfortunately, this is not enough to cover all the school’s expenses and parents are also asked to contribute.

How much does the school need?

Every year the governors have an Appeal to parents to supplement the money which is generously given by the churches of Christ Church and St John’s. We ask every parent to contribute at least £50 per child, but we understand not everyone can manage this and some may be willing to offer more. Please give what you can. A monthly direct debit may be the easiest way to help your school. We do have to keep a surplus in the fund as we never know when urgent unforeseen work may be necessary.

For every £1 you donate, we can claim a further 25p from HMRC (the UK tax authority) if you ‘Gift Aid’ your donation. For a donation of £50 this means a further £12.50 for the School. Almost everyone who pays UK tax can ‘Gift Aid’ their donation and can do so by filling out the ‘Gift Aid Declaration’ at the bottom of the Governors Fund form.